Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Discipline is Remembering What You Want

A friend from Rhode Island posted this. It's one of those random status lines that you can get by visiting an application. They call themselves funny statuses, but I don't think this one is. In fact, it's a potent reminder and kick in the backside that I needed to hear.

To me it means, keep your goal in mind and you'll be ready to put forth the effort. Today has been a day of such reminders. I have a great deal of work to do for the business side of the Ventures. Some of it is already complete. A small some in relation to other parts. I have a couple of pretty big computer projects to complete, and soon. I still have four flutes in progress out in the garage.

What I want requires me to ensure I nourish myself properly, stay organized, stay focused on the task at hand, and follow through. Yep, that all sounds like a great deal of discipline.

Thank you, Diane, for the reminder.  :)

Blessings, Love and Peace!

1 comment:

  1. I have never been a lover of the word "Discipline" but having it mean remembering what i want, i think i could learn to love it.

    Thank you again for your beautiful words Mr Laughing Bear and to you Diane xxx

    I know what you mean about it sounding like discipline. I have a plan that i set my intentions and I acknowledge them often, but i surrender them to God and then I trust that if its good for me, I will receive what i need to and if its not, then there is a lesson. Sometimes the learning of the lesson turns out to be what i intended.

    Love and trust
    Namaste
    xxx

    ReplyDelete